This website is managed by the University of Cagliari (“UniCa”) on behalf of the European Commission and project partners as part of the SUPERA project, funded under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Programme, grant agreement no. 787829.
This policy notice does not cover links within this site linking to other websites. The SUPERA project may use services offered by third companies, such as Slideshare (www.slideshare.net), Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com), Twitter (www.twitter.com). In these cases, the privacy policies of these companies are also applicable, and the user must read and be aware of the privacy policies published on their websites.
Which data are collected by the SUPERA project?
If you visit the SUPERA project website, the following information will be automatically collected:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect the computer/device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about the visit to the website, such as the pages viewed, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
To subscribe to the newsletter, the SUPERA project collects the following information:
- First name and Family name; Email; Institution.
To register to events, the SUPERA project may collect the following information:
- First name; Family name; Institution (not compulsory);
- Address; City; Zip code; Country; Phone (not compulsory); Email.
How are these data used?
The data collected will be used by the SUPERA project in order to:
- provide the user with the information required;
- send newsletters or any other information relating to project activities that may be of interest of the user;
- improve the quality of the website;
- analyse the results of proposed initiatives and improve their quality for the future.
How are the data stored?
Reasonable steps have been taken to protect collected data against loss, destruction or any suspected data security breach. The SUPERA project will notify the user and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where it is legally required to do so.
Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How long are the data stored?
Personal data will be kept for a maximum of three years after the conclusion of the project. Personal data may be stored for longer periods if required by applicable law or necessary to resolve disputes or enforce agreements.
Information that we use for communication purposes (e.g. email address) will be kept by the SUPERA project until the user notifies it that he or she no longer wishes to receive this information.
Which are the rights of the user regarding his or her data?
- Access data
You can always access and obtain a copy of your data stored by the SUPERA project. To obtain such access, please write to email@example.com. You are required to include information that will enable the SUPERA project to verify your identity. We will respond within 30 days of receiving the request. There are exceptions to the right of access, for example if the data refer to third parties, or if access is restricted by law.
You have also the right to data portability, that is the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Modify or restrict use of data
You can ask the SUPERA project to edit your data if they are incorrect or not updated. You may also ask for restrictions regarding the use of your data or object to their processing in accordance with relevant legislation. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, including details necessary to verify your identity. The SUPERA project will respond within 30 days of receiving the request.
- Delete data
You may ask the SUPERA project to delete your data from the database if, for example, they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, or if the user withdraws his or her consent to processing. Please write to email@example.com, including details necessary to verify your identity. The SUPERA project will respond within 30 days of receiving the request.
If you receive email communications from the SUPERA project, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in all emails from the SUPERA project. If you feel there is a problem with how your personal data has been handled, you are entitled to register a complaint with the supervisory authority.